In order to support the increasing awareness of the end-consumer to avoid waste, we have developed cdVet Unpackaged.
Even if you try your hardest to recycle any packaging, it will only bring you minimal benefit. So far, only around 39 percent of plastic waste in Germany has actually been recycled. It is best if you make sure that plastic waste isn’t even created in the first place.
That’s where cdVet Unpackaged comes in: The customers can enter the store with their own boxes or bottles, fill the required amount and go home.
This has many advantages - and not all of them are exclusively from the sustainability aspect:
- Avoidance of garbage, as containers can be used several times
- Avoidance of packaging as the products are bought on site and not shipped
- Unpacked only goes stationary and not online, the possibility of additional purchases is given by the presence of the customer in the store
- cdVet Unpackaged products are ultimately cheaper than regular, packaged goods
- further materials for the production of the superfluous packaging are avoided, which saves energy and raw materials