The IVA®-PET product line
Multifunctional fibers and beneficial proteins based on plants for use in dogs and cats.
All Iva®-Pet products are characterized by the use of pure materials such as brewer’ grains, brewer's yeast and other functional components.
These formulations affect multiple digestive processes in unique manners and are selectively adapted to the nutritional needs of dogs and cats.
The outstanding similarities of the Iva®-Pet line
- Unique combination of soluble and insoluble fibers
Iva®-Pet binds fluids, regulates microbial digestion and supports intestinal function and intestinal passage
- Extra protein
Among all valuable proteins, the amino acid glutamic acid is particularly known for its subsequent health-stimulating effects in the intestine
- Prebiotic effect
The prebiotic arabinoxylane promotes growth and activity of the 'good' gut bacteria
- High swelling and water retention capacity
Therefore the viscosity of the chyme increases and fecal matter improves to desired consistency
- All products are certainly GMO free
The Iva®-Pet Plus variants
- They provide alternatives to the basic formulations adding mannanoligosaccharides (MOS) and intestinal-active beta-glucans.
- Developed to stabilize the intestinal microbiota and support various intestinal functions (Swanson et al. 2002a, b)
- They target the reduction of harmful bacterial metabolites (Zentek et al. 2002)
The fields of application of Iva®-Pet products
- moist, semi-dry and dry food
- snacks, treats, especially "low calorie" products
- dietary food
- individual optimization of the crude fibre content in the food
- optimization of the amino acid profile
- optimization of the consistency of feces
Our product line
Fiber mix to support balanced digestive processes
For all petfood formats
Selected fiber fractions for distinct control and modulation of intestinal functions
Iva®-Pet Pure Plus
Iva®-Pet Digestive Plus
Advantages of the Iva®-Pet series
- Easy handling and a wide range of applications in several animal species, different dietary approaches and a targeted supplementation
- The raw materials used are selected for specific characteristics, which are composed into Iva®-Pet after appropriate bio-technological preparation and gentle grinding and mixture
- Incorporated into daily food ratio as customized nutrition supplement for different applications, feed types and animal species
- All components used are heat resistant and retain their effect, even after various steps of processing
Benefits of Iva®-Pet
The addition of Iva®-Pet in food mixtures provides an innovative way to achieve enhancement of physiological functions in the digestive system, while embracing the use of highly nutritional and sustainable resources based on natural vegetable fibers and proteins.
This generates a physiological and economic added value.
Literature on fiber use in dogs & cats
- The fermentation of fibres is a major factor influencing digestion (Bosch et al., 2009)
- Fiber sources optimize digestive processes (Swanson et al., 2001)
- Liver and kidney are relieved by fibers, as fewer nitrogen metabolites are produced (Wambacq et al., 2016)