Pet Products from the Heartland of Fishing
Skipper’s Pet Products began in 2013 as the brainchild of former fish merchant Steve Moore who has a long history with the local fish industry and is fiercely proud of Grimsby’s rich heritage and status as ‘Europe’s Food Town’.
Being based in Grimsby at the heart of the UK’s fishing industry, Steve saw an opportunity to produce high quality, natural dog treats using ethically sourced raw materials from sustainable fisheries.
Fish co-products from the human chain like Fish Skin would be used to ensure less of the Fish goes to waste, and recycled energy would be used to dry them at a low temperature making sure none of the intrinsic values are damaged, producing a more nutritionally dense treat.
- To be our customers first choice for quality natural seafood treats and feeds sourced from sustainable fisheries.#
- We will only add natural ingredients which promote the health and well being of your pet. Our products are manufactured and dried in our human consumption Grimsby facility.
- We dry our fish products instead of cooking them. This process ensures that only water is removed - not intrinsic proteins or oils. We are, at present, the only producer capable of this process in the UK - other producers ‘dry’ their product by actually ‘cooking’ it.
- We will not use preservatives, colourings or E numbers in our products. Our products do not need them - and neither do your pets.
- Using our team’s expert knowledge - gained from over 100 years of combined experience within the seafood sector - we will only source local and exotic seafood, high in omega oils and rich in proteins to manufacture our pet treats and complete food range.
- To actively protect the environment by sourcing most of our fish products from UK fish merchants - reducing the carbon footprint to a minimum.
- Preserving sustainable fisheries and promoting responsible fishing, whilst avoiding products from ‘at-risk areas’.