Prolife Veterinary Formula is the new line of dietary cat and dog food formulated to support the treatment of common diseases.
The choice not to add colourants, preservatives and flavourings makes the food natural and ideal for the Nutritional treatment of diseases, reducing to a minimum the risk of adverse reactions. Each food variety was developed by a team of nutritionist veterinaries after extensive studies and research, combining state-of-the art technologies with the therapeutic properties of the ingredients, to help restoring a physiological condition of health and wellbeing.
The Prolife Veterinary Formula line includes nutritional components with a specific therapeutic action that are useful in the dietary treatment of various diseases.
- Antioxidant system (Vitamins E and C, organic selenium): helps preventing the adverse oxidizing action of free radicals.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids: exercise anti-inflammatory action. Maintain the skin elastic and moisturized, preventing transepidermal water loss and modulating immune response.
- FOS and MOS prebiotics: stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon, fight the growth of pathogenic bacteria, increase and contribute to the elongation of intestinal villi and increase the nutrient absorbing area.
- Soluble fibre (FOS): creates a gelatinous and viscous mass that slows down the gastric emptying process and reduces sugar absorption. Helps restoring gut motility.
- Insoluble fibre (Arbocel® cellulose fibre): increases the digested volume, modifies gastric emptying time and digestion speed, thus reducing the calories intake and giving satiation feeling. In cats facilitates hairball removal
- L-carnitine: helps the organism metabolize fatty acids. Facilitates and accelerates the reduction of body fat mass and helps to control appetite.
- Chondroitin sulphate: inhibits the enzymatic erosion of the cartilage making it elastic and resistant to compression; it helps minimizing bone damage and cartilage mass damage.
- Glucosamine: stimulates the production of new cartilage, being a precursor of glycosaminoglycans.
- Blueberry: its diuretic and depurative action prevents the bacteria from adhering to the uroepithelium.
- Yucca schidigera: odour control: helps reducing ammonia concentration in the circulatory system in order to limit stool and urine odour.
- Alltech® integration (Actigen®, LG-MAX®, Nupro®, Biomos®, Seplex®, Bioplex®): Each product in the dry line contains specific supplements targeted to the treatment it is intended for.