Retort Pouch produced by HPM is widely used for tuna, salmon, pet foods, military supplies (MRE) and other products. Some of the well-known brands that utilize HPM Global flexible retort packaging are “Friskies” from pet foods, “Chicken of the Sea”, “Safcol”, “Hormel (Valley Fresh)” and “Great Value” from Wal-Mart. Up to 10 colors can be printed on our Retort Pouches and the printing is based on Roto Gravure Printing, which ensures highly sharp illustrative effects and contributes to increasing sales.
Applications of Retort Pouches
– Seafood (Shrimp, Tuna, Salmon, Mackerel, Mussels, etc.) Retort Packaging
– Pet food retort packaging
– Soup and sauce retort packaging
– Meat stew(beef, pork, chicken) retort packaging
– MRE`s(Meal Ready to Eat) ration – MRE Retort Pouch Packaging
– Food service applications – Institutional Retort Packs
– Packaging of food products requiring long shelf life.
Advantages of Retort Process
– Cost efficiency: Packaging materials and logistics cost
– Energy efficiency: In container manufacturing, transportation of retort pouches (empty and full) and food processing
– Time efficiency: About 40% saved in the cook cycle of retort process
– Warehouse storage efficiency: Less than 85% of space that is equal to the equivalent number of empty
– Shipping efficiency: Lighter package weight, more food products can be shipped per truckload – in unrefrigerated trucks
– Rapid heat penetration and more efficient processing than cans
– Improved food quality contributes to reducing heat exposure: Better taste, color and texture.
Consumer Advantages of Retort Pouch
– Easy to handle
– Easy to store at room temperature with other dry foods
– No need to reheat(can be easily heated in boiling water for about 5 minutes)
– Easy to open
– Convenient disposal after use: Pouches easily flattened and included no dangerous sharp edges