NOTHING IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN LIFE.
That is the philosophy driving Phileo.
Taken from the greek verb “to love” and associated with a spiral that illustrates the new momentum and openness to the future, Phileo has an ultimate goal:
As pets are taking more and more place in our lives as family members, there are growing challenges to secure their daily well being and enhance their happiness. Working at the crossroads of health and nutrition, we are committed to delivering future evidence-based solutions (from probiotics and yeast parietal fractions) that insure an harmonious development and balanced feeding, and reinforce their resistance to diseases possibly leading to longer lifespan. In each and every country, our team’s progress is led by the most scientific outcomes as well as the field input of veterinarians and nutritionists.
By the year 2050, our planet will be home to more than 9 billion people.
Livestock farmers have to meet the growing demand for high-quality protein food products (milk and meat) to guarantee the safety of the increasingly demanding consumers (food safety, reduction in antibiotics use, etc.), in large volume and at a reasonable price to feed the planet. They are also faced with poor cereal quality, which affects animal health and performance.
Finding new solutions to meet the needs of future generations is a challenge that Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care embraces – we strive to enhance the lives of animals in order to better enhance the lives of people.
Backed by more than 30 years of experience and a global staff of 140 people, Phileo is positioning itself in the health through nutrition segment located at the crossroads of the world of agronomy (focused on livestock performance through nutrition) and the world of medicine (focused on treatment using antibiotics and vaccines).
Phileo is committed to delivering animal health and performance solutions based on live yeasts, bacteria and yeast products that contribute to food safety and the responsible use of antibiotics, including:
- Improvements in digestibility and bioavailability, for better feed efficacy and performance
- Cost-effective nutritional alternatives, providing substitutes for unsustainable or limited feed sources
- Control of the risk associated with bacterial toxins and mycotoxins through binding and detoxification
- Enhancement of immune response and digestive health in preventive management
- Reduction of pathogen pressure to help limit the risk of antibiotic resistance
- Optimization of physiological mechanisms against stress, to support animal welfare.
In every country, Phileo progress is led by the most advanced science as well as practical on-farm experience.