Diese Website verwendet Cookies, um das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher und effektiver zu machen. Mit der Nutzung dieser Website stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.Weitere Informationen über die Verwendung von Cookies und die Möglichkeit der Verwendung von Cookies zu widersprechen, finden Sie hier.
In 1971, a brilliant, determined chemist named Claus Pohl was on a mission. He had a makeshift lab down in the basement of his home in Longview Texas. A friend had asked if he could develop a flea and tick pet shampoo superior to what was on the market. The friend was a groomer and was dissatisfied with the shampoos available. Claus took the request seriously. He had emigrated from Germany with his family in 1954, and in 1958 became a U.S. citizen. Facing a new and exciting challenge with determination and self-reliance was certainly not new to him. He had settled in a strange new world and became a successful chemist for a Texas company. Claus welcomed the friend’s request. He spent all his spare time developing a new shampoo that would completely satisfy his friend. He wanted a shampoo to clean thoroughly and gently plus kill fleas and ticks. He also wanted one that would renew moisture to the skin and coat. He was adamant that his formula would not strip the natural oils and it would leave the coat silky soft and shiny. Claus was a perfectionist who set high standards. His shampoo had to be the best. He was going to develop a shampoo safe for pets and the earth. He was environmentally friendly before it came into fashion. The end results surpassed his friends expectations. The word spread and soon Claus had a steady stream of requests for his shampoo. Production at that time meant mixing up batches in the basement and carefully filling bottles by hand. Before long he put the family to work taking orders and filling bottles.
In 1975 the business was moved into its own building after outgrowing the home. Claus developed additional products and the company established a reputation for premium products and quality service! Claus’s son Frank had a vision for growth and bought a section of land on Redmon Road. They broke ground for new facilities in 1986 and moved into them in 1987. The new location included the business offices, manufacturing plant, warehouse and laboratories. Four additional expansions to these facilities have taken place since 1987. Today Bio-Derm Laboratories develops, manufacturers, and ships over 60 products to 68 countries. Claus passed away in 1994, and his son Frank is now president of the company. Frank worked with his father from the beginning filling bottles and putting on caps down in the basement. He was by his father’s side along the way, and recognized the growth opportunities for the company. His vision has been achieved and today the name of Bio-Groom is recognized for quality grooming products world wide. The company has two chemists. The plant and warehouse are constantly busy preparing product for shipping. The founding philosophy is the same today as it was in the beginning:
Bio-Groom is the name of premium grooming products made with the finest ingredients available known for gentleness and performance.